To Sweat is to Live
|Posted on November 15, 2016 at 5:35 PM|
1. Dance more. Here are my two favorite quotes about the benefits of dance: You don't stop dancing from growing old, you grow old from stopping to dance.” (unknown) and by the philosopher Voltaire: “Let us read and let us dance: two amusements that will never do any harm to the world.”
2. Keep social media out of the bedroom! For a good night’s rest, leave your phone and tablet turned off and in another room when trying to fall asleep.
3. Sit up straight. Good posture helps with back and neck aches, great for digestion and makes you look good.
4. Change up your workout routine. Try a new class or instructor to get a varied workout and keep it exciting and new. There are so many great workouts these days - Zumba has several.
5. Breathe – Obviously breathing keeps you alive, however practicing yoga breathing “pranayama” can quiet and calm the entire nervous system, reduce stress and anxiety and improve self-awareness.
6. Stand Up and Shake It Off – Our bodies were designed for movement yet many of us spend 7-10 hours a day sitting either at a desk, commuting or a combination of both. New research has proven that sitting for prolonged periods of time is so detrimental to our health that even daily 30-60 minutes workouts cannot reverse the damage. Solution: use a smart phone timer to send an alert every hour to remind you to get up and move. You can take a walk to the cooler, copier or just move intentionally in place.
Licensed To Teach
- Zumba Basic
License to teach regular Zumba® classes.